Saturday, July 25, 2009

Joyce Miko AADA

Here is an updated picture of my very very good artist friend Joyce Miko. She was also in attendance at John and Cile`s house for lunch. She and her sister founded AADA Academy of American Doll Artist. Sadly her sister has passed away. I know many of her fellow doll artist have asked me how Joyce is doing. She looks great , her health is great and she has asked my to say hello to all that know and love her.
Joyce and her sister were responsible for the next phase in my dollmaking journey. The OOAK (the one of a kind phase.) We had over the years many WOW(week of workshops). We gathered the best of the best teachers and students together and traveled to foreign lands. France , Italy and more. Oh what an exciting time in my life.
It was sad indeed when Joyce had to phase out AADA. But as we all know nothing stays the same. We can only savior the memories.
Joyce has moved out of the big Victorian house and into a small comfortable home in Goffstown NH . She is realizing her passion for quilts. She sells on ebay under the name of Quilt Divas. If you have any messages for our friend Joyce leave them on my comment page and I will see she gets them.
One last thing about the Burbridge Lunch post. I didn`t get the pictures in the order I wanted. I hope you will bear with me as I learn more about blogging.

5 comments:

  1. WOW, very interesting Nancy. I enjoyed looking and reading everything.

    Dolores

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce, So good to see your sunny face. You look wonderful! I think about you often.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joyce !
    So happy to see your smiling face ! Thank you Nancy for the update on Joyce. I think of you both often!
    Good luck to you and perhaps one day our paths will cross again.
    Love and Blessings
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce !! I love you ! Thanks to you I have some of the best memories of my life - those trips to Europe !! AH wonderful!! God Bless you, my friend ! ~Kat Bunker

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is lovely to see Joyce and her smiling face. I miss you gals. xoxox to both of you.
    You are doing a wonderful work in blogging Nancy...I have not been making regular rounds lately...all is explained in my last two posts.

    ReplyDelete