Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Strubridge show and Bad Tempered Witch class

I am back from the show . I was pleasantly surprised at how well I did. Attendance at the preview seemed to be down a bit but the general admission folks were there and buying. Molly Cromwell puts on a lovely show.
As always with doll shows I met new and wonderful artisans. A new acquaintance was Sherrie Colvan she makes wonderful character dolls. Her costuming is extraordinary. We talked about reproducing some of the dolls in resin. I am looking forward to working with her.
Some of the things I bought for future dolls. From Dragonfly two pieces of the softest leather I have ever felt. I really did not need any more leather and I do not know what I will use it for, but I could not pass it up. Lordy Lordy but my stash just keeps on growing Also from Dragonfly I got a piece of red material with tiny tiny sequin. I do know where that will be used. Moonyeen is making a telephone scene for me. There will be a "lady"wearing a dress made of this flashy material. Another interesting thing I found was a 1/12th scale oxygen tank. Ya know the kind a person can push around. I will give you a hint of where I will be useing the tank. It will envolve an older lady turning 90, a birthday cake with candles and a cigerett .
I want to publically thank my talented artist daughter Dawn Campbell. With out her help I would not be able to doll shows.
I will tell you about my Bad Tempered Witch class later.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Molly a great gal! I always go to her Fl shows. And I'm glad to hear the general public hasn't lost it's interest in miniatures.

    Now tell us about the Bad Tempered Witch class!!

    Tabitha

    ReplyDelete